Q:How do you do that like, 80's tv video effect on your banner? Do you have any tips on improving line art? And have you ever had an embarrassing phase in your artwork?
-For the GUN part I used this tutorial for about halfway (I wanted it to be more metallic) and I did it on photoshop and a lot of stuff were handmade and then I went with what I knew and the poster refs and font refs I found. The GUN part is that font on the tutorial a bit modded and the kiss part is handwritten. I used to work doing stuff like this often but it still took me some hours to complete it.
-For what digital lineart concerns, what has worked for me in order to improve lineart is the following:
- Having a tablet that I can work with, mine is an ol’ intuos 2, while using a mouse seems to be something to brag about it’s really harmful to your hand. Good tablets are not cheap but there are cheap variants for you to start with and you can invest more as you see this is the thing for you.
- Using Open Canvas before and now for some years Paint tool SAI has definitely helped
- Don’t rely so much on vectors for inking, while on technical digital drawing is a must, in order to improve, by hand is unavoidable and a must.
- Find a way that inking works for you and is fun, inking for me is tedious sometimes so I try to mod the line to make it more fun to work it, and I like that thick-thin look, I’m not a big fan of thin line SAI vector work, but it depends what you want your art to rely on. I mod the line less when I’m gonna heavily color because semi realistic coloring over thick lineart is not something I like for my work, it works. hence, find your way =)
- Working on higher resolutions helps to practice, it’s also harder, but once you have the hang of it you can produce good lineart on smaller resolutions as well and a lot of hours inking, even stuff you wont finish, or partial inking practices.
- Inking without a good sketch base is basically just inking. I make sure that I like the sketch I’m inking and that it has as lil mistakes as possible and as many details resolved for when I ink, it speeds the process and it makes your final piece less dull. The same with colors, something can be greatly colored and be just boring or full of mistakes.
- This is not a must but I do like that my lineart looks clean at 100% zoom, this helped me to keep things very neat and clean and also if you give the liens for someone else to color, for work or fun, they would appreciate a clean, and closed lines art, unless your style doesn’t match that at all of course.
- The 3 Pees xD….Practice, practice, practice.
- On traditional inking, I would say all the same, I haven’t heavily inked stuff since the sketchcards but finding your tools of trade and practice apply pretty well
-I don’t think I feel embarrased about my past works, there are a lot old work of mine I don’t like much now that I see it far, but at the time I had a lot of fun doing them and liked them. You can say we all regret our most weaboo times but it was good while we were there =P
Sorry for such lenghty post, I hope it had cleared your doubts and thank you for asking me!
Q:Random ask! What are your favorite colors?
These 3 I recur often, but for non art I like pastel colors a lot and black
Thank you for asking! =)
Hey gang! i moved house and just got internet like yesterday
i wanted to draw someone cute and curvy, then i decided to dress her as a witch of some description?… this is jsut trying new methods more dudes
This witch is gorgeous omg!!! Her face, the colors. so good!!
I recommend you to follow Terrible Speaker if you aren’t following him. He’s a super nice guy and his art is worth all your whiles.
She’s absolutely gorgeous. To say you’ve done her justice is an understatement. This is so pretty you make ME want to draw her. XD
Thank you so much Jay!! She’s really tricky to draw but really pleasing! She would look awesome in your style and I’m sure Tim would greatly appreciate it!!
Follow Jeiae. His works are great and he’s a rad dude =)
Madura from Swordplay
I made this fanart in celebration that Swordplay reached funding the first day and it reached the reward in which I appear in the book some days ago also!
There’s plenty of time to go, you can go pledge to get your copy of the comic! GO HERE
As y’all know, I work with ACR, a 501c3 cat rescue organization. We are in desperate need of fosters for the cats already in our systems, and for continued pulls off the kill list at Animal Control.
Please reblog this and ask any friends and family you may have in the area if they are interested in fostering.
- Fostering can be long or short term. If you are fostering cats from within our system, they can always be returned back to us if something doesn’t work out.
- Fostering is absolutely a possibility for people who already have pets. We can help you with introductions if you’ve never done it before.
- All medical expenses will be covered by ACR. It would be great if you could pay for food and litter because we do not have extensive funds, but if that’s not a possibility, we can help you out with that as well.
- We work around what you would like in a foster cat. There are dozens of cats in need and more coming in every day.
I can personally speak to you about fostering if you have any questions; if you think you’re ready to foster, you can fill out the very simple application on our website by clicking “Foster/Adoption Application” on the left-hand side. Feel free to leave me asks (‘queen’ on tumblr) or email me at email@example.com. You can list me, Talena Smith, as how you found out about ACR on the application.
PLEASE REBLOG EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIVE IN THE AREA.
Thank you for your support!
Today I’m gonna work on a new layout and customizing a theme for my tumblr site so if my frontpage gets weird at some point, then you know why xD I’m gonna test stuff on another junk blog I’ve so this one doesn’t fall into pieces. But it was about time to change the layout, this one has gotten too buggy and I need one that hyperlinks and re size the image without jumping to a new page, is more practical that way
Q:Hello!! Your art is absolutely amazing! You have such a beautiful style and always when it shows up on my dash, I know who's it from without even looking at the source. When I first discovered your blog, I looked through your whole art tag! Also, how do you draw your sketches? Do you draw them on paper and then scan it or with a tablet? Thank you!! (Sorry for my english, it's not my native language) :^)
Thank you so much!, that’s really nice of you to say!!! Thank you for looking trough my whole art tag!
I generally draw digitally, for practical reasons. If they are traditional I make sure to tag them as that for the curious =)
I’ve times I like to sketch on paper because it has a certain charm to it, it just feels good to do it and it also means getting away from the computer which is a good thing =P. There are certain things I cant get used to draw digitally or I like doing better traditionally like drawing the thumbs of a comic. Traditional art is important to me.
I guess the best idea is do it the way it seems more natural and comfortable for one self =)
Don’t worry about your English, it is both certainly good and I’m not native English speaker either. I understood everything you said! What’s your first language?
Q:Hei Camila! I was wondering how long do you take to make an entire pin-up character. It's just i'm struggling to take less and less time on my own drawings so if you could share this it would give me some perspective to look into... Thanks!!
Well, it really depends on the complexity of the picture and of course the style you’ve or decide to use but to give you some more precise timing, it can go from 5 to 20 hours on average. Of course it takes way more if there’s a background or extra details like drawing a character under detailed armor, or epoch dress, or a complex pose, something like that.
I think the most important thing is not to lower the time in which you complete a pic just to have a “better timing”, while working faster seems like the “ideal” and “praised” way, I don’t think it’s friends with overall improvement.
Improving timing is a must if you’re intending or already working in art, specially on projects like comics and games that have some tight schedule. If you’re working for someone else, it rarely ever take your best out, which means, it will take you less time as well. Sometimes timing that is hard. I learned to do it for the sake of not stressing out, really.
One tend to rush it when the goal is finishing it quick, some people focus a lot in finishing just to post it, which works for some people but my personal experience says otherwise, I haven’t written this on stone or anything, but it’s what I think. If your main goal is improving to feel proud of what you create and be able to portray what you imagine more accurately then I would advice you to finish less pieces. This has helped me A LOT. Having a method to make sketchs that look somewhat clean because it downs the time of finished pieces and you’ve a lot more time to try new things and learn a lot from it.
I hope this helps, sorry for the over expansion on the subject, I thought it was worth the talk =)
Q:THAT LUCHADORA IS SUPER ATTRACTIVE HOLY CRAAAAAAP
Is it just me, or does she look like Lana Del Rey??
Just because of the lips? hmmm. I think she looks a lot more like Beautilation who happened to cosplay WW before. She has a very similar gorgeous face to the 2009 movie design for sure.
I seriously love WW so much. While my fav is Lynda Carter’s I love WW’s design in the 2009 movie so so much, so I made this based on that awesome faced design O3O.
I thought it was a neat design on a t-shirt so you can get one HERE
Promo Expires April 13, 2014 at Midnight Pacific Time
I’ve launched a Kickstarter project to fund the creation of a new Swordplay comic! Swordplay is a sexy, sword-and-sorcery fantasy comic that I’ve been developing for several years.
I will greatly appreciate any support you can give me, whether it’s financial support or helping me to promote the project via social media. If you have any questions, please feel free to send them my way.
Tim Fischer / Comixmill is a great artist. I’m graced to count with his support and gives me a lot of joy since I respect his work a great deal.
He approached me with the offer to participate as part of reward for the stretch goal of $2250 for Swordplay, a fantasy adventure comic which I’m sure he’ll reach it being possible by all of you!
I’m sure there will be many of you that will be super interested in helping this project to see Swordplay being done.
If you cant pledge but wanna help, remember to reblog!!
It is greatly appreciated!
The project reached funding and the first stretch goal the first day YAY!!
Please keep on pledging so I’m included in the comic.
Psst! You can donate as lil’ as 2usd to get the digital copy
THANK YOU!!! <333